Sunday 1 January 2017

J. D. Salinger


Source of image

J. D. Salinger
Born: January 1st, 1919 - New York City, U.S.
Died: January 27th, 2010 - New Hampshire, U.S.


novelist
short story writer


What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.
+
I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it.
+
Make sure you marry someone who laughs at the same things you do.
+
Know your true measurements and dress your mind accordingly
- Catcher in the Rye


The fact is always obvious much too late, but the most singular difference between happiness and joy is that happiness is a solid and joy a liquid.
+
Poets are always taking the weather so personally. They're always sticking their emotions in things that have no emotions.
- Nine Stories


He said I was unequipped to meet life because I had no sense of humor.
- For Esme - With Love and Squalor, and Other Stories


I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.
+
An artist's only concern is to shoot for some kind of perfection, and on his own terms, not anyone else's.
- Franny and Zooey


I have so much I want to tell you, and nowhere to begin.

The true poet has no choice of material. The material plainly chooses him, not he it. 
- Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters & Seymour: An Introduction

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...