Sunday 16 October 2016

Oscar Wilde...


Oscar Wilde 
Born: October 16th, 1854 - Dublin, Ireland
Died: November 30th, 1900 - Paris, France


playwright
novelist
poet
essayist



The truth is rarely pure and never simple.
+
If I am occasionally a little over-dressed, I make up for it by being always immensely over-educated.
+
I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.
- The Importance of Being Earnest


I can resist anything except temptation.
+
It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.
- Lady Windermere's Fan


The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.
+
Experience is merely the name men gave to their mistakes.
+
Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
+
You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.
+
There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all.
+
Nothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul.
- The Picture of Dorian Gray


Every woman is a rebel, and usually in wild revolt against herself.
- A Woman of No Importance

The only people I would care to be with now are artists and people who have suffered: those who know what beauty is, and those who know what sorrow is: nobody else interests me.
- De Profundis

There is no sin except stupidity.
- The Critic as Artist 

A writer is someone who has taught his mind to misbehave.
- source???

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...